Korean and Japanese cuisine are well known for their interesting ingredients and flavour profile. Today we are going to share a recipe that brings Korean and Japanese ingredients together in a dish called Gochujang Chicken with Wakame and Corn Soup.
- Chicken breast pieces (depending on the serving size.)
- 500 grams of rehydrated Wakame
- 1 packet 100 grams of sweet corn pieces
- 500 grams of Sunny Farm Cauliflower
- A tub of Gochujang paste (depends on how much you need)
- Hot water (about 1 litre)
- Soup stock
- Seasoning (about 5 teaspoons)
The cooking process
- Season your chicken with a seasoning of your choice.
- First put the amount of Gochujang paste that you want onto your chicken breast pieces and mix them evenly.
- Prepare a pot of boiling hot water, put your cauliflower and corn pieces in it and leave them to boil for 10 minutes or until they show signs of being in a cooked state.
- Begin rehydrating your Wakame by leaving it in cold water for about 5 to 6 minutes.
- Place your Wakame in your pot that has your Corn and Cauliflower.
- Place your mixed Gochujang Chicken in your pot that has your Wakame and other vegetable ingredients.
- Add some soup stock (You can add whatever stock you are comfortable with whether it is chicken or vegetable stock to add some flavour.
- Let the ingredients boil for about 20 to 30 minutes before letting your soup simmer.
- Serve your soup in a bowl sized servings and dig in!
Total Preparation time: about 46 minutes.
A note on the ingredients: You can get the Gochujang paste, Chicken Breast Pieces, Wakame, Cauliflower and other ingredients in Singapore through online stores like Pickme, Lazada and Shopee alongside local supermarket chains such as NTUC Fairprice.