Salmon is a very versatile ingredient that can and has been used in many cuisines all over the world. A variety of cuisine where Salmon is used is Japanese cuisine. The dish that we will be looking at today is Ochazuke which refers to the dish being submerged in green tea in Japanese. (Ocha means tea while zuke means to submerge in the Japanese language). Now that you know a little bit about Ochazuke, let’s now get into the recipe proper for this variation of the dish.
|.900 grams of Salmon Portions|
.Cooked Short Grain Rice (amount depends on your preference)
.Cut Nori pieces
.A pot of hot Green Tea (amount depends on your preference)
|1. Cook your short grain rice (Cooking time may vary). |
2. Prepare a pot of hot green tea.
3. Season your salmon with salt and pepper according to your preference and let it sit for about 10 minutes.
4. Place your salmon on a baking foil and place in the oven to bake for about 15 to 20 minutes at 190 to 200 degrees celsius/375 degrees fahrenheit.
5. Once your salmon is cooked, remove it from the oven and cut it into small pieces.
6. Prepare bowl servings of your rice and place your salmon along with nori, mitsuba and wasabi on your rice.
7. Pour the hot green tea onto the rice that you’ll be serving.
8. Add soya sauce for taste.
9. Serve your Baked Salmon Ochazuke dish.
|Total Preparation time: 1 hour|
Where you can buy your ingredients
With regards to where you can buy your ingredients to make this Baked Salmon Ochazuke dish, you can buy them at supermarkets such as NTUC Fairprice and Cold Storage or Japanese speciality stores such as Meidi-Ya or online at Pickme, Shopee or Redmart. Till the next time we try another recipe, take care and enjoy your meal!