Fried Chicken is a very popular food item that is enjoyed in many ways all over the world. One variety of Fried Chicken that is quite popular is Korean Fried Chicken. Whether you have tried it before, are curious to try it or have never tried Korean Fried Chicken before, have you considered trying to make this Fried Chicken dish for yourself? Whatever your situation may be, why not take a chance and try out this Korean Fried Chicken recipe. Are you ready? Fantastic! Well then let us get started.
First off, let us take a look at the ingredients that you will need for this food item in the following table.
|. 6 Chicken Drumlets.|
.6 Chicken Wings.
.1 teaspoon of Ginger.
.¼ teaspoon of Salt.
.½ a teaspoon of Grounded Black Pepper.
.½ a cup of Potato Flour.
.¼ cup of light Soya Sauce.
.¼ cup of Corn Syrup.
.2 tablespoons of Gochujang Paste.
.2 tablespoons of White Vinegar.
.1 tablespoon of Sesame Seeds.
.1 tablespoon of White Sugar.
.4 cloves of Garlic.
.2 cups and 2 tablespoons of Cooking Oil
|Preparation time: 50 minutes|
|Serving size: 6 Persons|
|Difficulty Level: Easy (2 out of 5 stars)|
Let us now get into the preparation process for this dish.
Marinating and Frying Steps
- Coat your Chicken pieces evenly with salt, ginger and ground black pepper.
- Once you’ve done that, cover your Chicken pieces in potato flour and make sure that your Chicken Pieces are evenly covered.
- After this heat up 2 cups of cooking oil in a frying pan over high heat for up to 8 minutes.
- Place your Chicken pieces one by one and deep fry them for about 12 minutes. In the process of fryinging your chicken, turn them over from time to time until they are nice and brown.
- After that take the chicken out and strain out the excess oil.
- Once you are done with that you can raise the heat for your frying pan and deep fry your chicken for about 5 to 6 minutes until the texture of your Chicken is nice and crispy.
Preparing your sauce
- Heat up a large non-stick pan over medium high heat.
- Add two tablespoons of cooking oil and minced garlic (as much as you need) and stir until it is fragrant. It will take about 30 seconds.
- After that add your soya sauce, gochujang paste, corn syrup, vinegar and white sugar.
- Stir the mix until the sugar has dissolved.
- Your sauce is now ready.
The final touches
- Now that you have prepared both your Chicken and your sauce, you will now need to coat your Chicken evenly with your sauce and place them on a plate.
- After you have done that you can sprinkle sesame seeds on your Chicken.
- Now that that is done, your Korean Chicken is now ready to be served and enjoyed.
- Have a great meal that will be simply unforgettable.
More recipes you can try
Besides this wonderful recipe we have many more recipes for you to try including Korean Army Stew.